Gift Crates – 5 Ways to Recycle Them
What do you do when it’s your best friend’s birthday around the corner and you don’t have a clue what to get them? What gifts do you send to your family out west for the holidays? At Peter & Paul’s Gifts we know that gift giving isn’t always easy, which is why we ALWAYS recommend crates as the perfect gift for any occasion. Unlike packaging your gift in a gift bag, a crate can be recycled in so many different ways. Continue reading to see how you can turn your gifted crate into something wonderful!
- Centerpieces – Add a plastic cover and fill your crate with soil to create your very own mini garden. Or add foam floral blocks to assemble a beautiful centerpiece for your next event.
- Storage Bins – Use the crate to organize things around your home. Display your crate at the front door to store all the slippers you have laying around your home. You’re your guests come over they have something to keep their feet warm from the cold floors. How thoughtful of you!
- Shelving – Place the crate on its side to create the perfect shelving unit. If you’re lucky and have more than one crate, stack ‘em and create a beautiful multi-shelving unit. Fill them with photo frames, succulents, home décor, etc.
- Drawers or Cubbies – Don’t you hate when convertors are left around messy or you can’t find them because they’re stuck in your couch! Place the crates inside your shelving to create instant drawers. They’ll add a rustic touch to your living space and eliminate clutter. Also you can add a chalkboard style label so you always know what’s inside.
- Bedside Table – Flip the crates upside down and use them to hold a lamp, alarm clock or even books. Having a wood crate as a bedside table can add a warm, rustic feeling to any space.
When it comes to gifting crates, the possibilities are endless! To personalize the crate for that special someone on your list engrave the recipient’s name on it or a special message. With our in-house engraving capabilities, any of our crates can be personalized with any logo, name, or message.
How do you use your crate? Share your ideas in the comments below! Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to stay in the loop with our latest happenings and see what’s new in our gift boutique.