Top 5 benefits of Olive Oil
While we might be bias with how much we love olive oil, and that might be true. The Earthy, bright, grassy flavours. The punch it gives to a dish finished with it, and even just how darn pretty the colour is! We are fortunate to see many documented reasons why Olive Oil is good for your health.
When working on Our Mother’s Olive Oil we had a lot of fun with recipes that involve olive oil we also got to learn just how fantastic of a super power food olive oil is.
Here is a top 5 list that we think makes olive oil super beneficial to your health!
- Olive oil is loaded with antioxidants which prove to assist in your health. Olive oil has shown a connection to fight inflammation and help protect your blood cholesterol from oxidation which lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Olive oil contains nutrients that fight inflammation. These include oleic acid as well as the antioxidant oleocanthal. Oleocanthal is similar to ibuprofen which reduces inflammation.
- Extra virgin olive oil = hearth health. It lowers blood pressure, protects “bad” LDL cholesterol and improves the function of blood vessels.
- Extra virgin olive oil has antibacterial properties and has been found to be particularly effective against Helicobacter pylori, a type of bacterium that can cause stomach ulcers and stomach cancer.
- Olive oil used in a healthy Mediterranean diet is not fattening. Used regularly there have been reports that even shows it aids in weight loss.
Of course all olive oils are not created equally. Our Mother’s Olive Oil is 100% pure Korianiki olives harvested on our groves in Sparta, Greece giving it the seal of EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil). It’s delicious, healthy and nutritious! When selecting your olive oil, look for EVOO and 100% olives from the same country and read the ingredients. It should state clearly if it is EVOO, country of origin and 100% pure!